Stanley R. Hoffman has over thirty-five years experience in planning and urban economics. His fields of interest include economic and demographic analysis, land use projections, fiscal and financial studies, annexations, real estate market research and computer-based financial modeling. He has managed major programs in both the public and private sectors, involving numerous presentations before political and academic bodies and professional audiences.
Since establishing Stanley R. Hoffman Associates in 1981, Mr. Hoffman has specialized in fiscal and economic impact studies and market feasibility studies for residential, office and major retail shopping centers. These studies have been prepared for cities, counties, redevelopment agencies, other public agencies and developers. His firm’s work has also focused on large-scale mixed use land developments in many jurisdictions throughout California.
Mr. Hoffman has extensive experience in preparing fiscal impact studies for general and specific plans and annexations for communities throughout Southern California. He has also worked with many communities in economic development strategies to revitalize and diversify their local economy including older, downtown areas.
Stan volunteers regularly on professional planning committees, organizations and conferences. He has been a member and is a past president of the California Planning Roundtable since 1981 as well as serving as a past president, treasurer and former member of the California Planning Foundation for ten years. He also participates on many panels and awards juries for the APA local chapters.
- 2012-2015 President, Planners Emeritus Network
- Fellow, American Institute of Certified Planners (FAICP)
- Past President and Treasurer, California Planning Foundation (CPF)
- Member and Past President, California Planning Roundtable, (CPR)
- Member, American Planning Association (APA), Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Senior Fellow and Mentor, UCLA Department of Urban Planning
2005 Distinguished Service Award/Professional California Chapter APA
- 2005 Distinguished Service Award/Professional Los Angeles Section CCAPA
2009-2015 Member Los Angeles Section APA Awards Jury
- 2009 FAICP Selection Committee for 2010 California Chapter APA
2009 Planner Emeritus Network Award of Honor, subsidiary of California Chapter
2009/2010/2011 Member on Award Jury for Annual SCAG Compass Awards
APA Awards Jury, California Chapter APA
- Instructor, Urban Public Finance, Master's Department of Urban Planning, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, several classes during 1995-2012
- Instructor, Land Use and Development Planning. University of California , Irvine Extension Program, 1984, 1986 and 1988
- Speaker on many professional panels, conferences and seminars
Education and Affiliations
- Masters in Urban Planning, UCLA
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, UCLA